Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Canadian's not welcome" -- so says John from Blockbuster

Well, it’s been a while since my last blog… but duty such as life, called, flooding my life with various obligations…. Not too worry, I’ve returned to the world of blogging.

Well, it’s the eve of Good Friday and the day after Passover… one of my most favorite times of the year. I had prepared myself to engage in my regular Christian activities, including watching the Ten Commandments and the Passion of the Christ…. However, it appears this isn’t to be the case. Thanks to John at Blockbuster.

Making a stop at blockbuster, I anxiously checked out with the two movies in hand. When asked if I had my Blockbuster card, I realized I didn’t have it, which is a usual for me. My wallet is already filled with other junk, that if I kept my entire movie and other special cards, it would be too full to carry even in my purse. Now, usually when I rent my movie, they will take my phone number, however, apparently John couldn’t do this. I had to refill out a new application form.

Now I’ll admit, I was a little put off with this, but went ahead with ‘procedure.” However, when it came time for John’s approval, he took one look at my application form, ripped it up and said I couldn’t rent if I had a Canadian driver’s license!

How is this possible??? I mean this was the very same place which issued my blockbuster card in the first place. As a Canadian, I can buy a car, a house, or have a credit card, but I can’t have a blockbuster card? Are you serious??? Obviously, I’m put off. It’s made me want to take my business elsewhere, such as Hollywood Videos or Netflicks. I mean, is the video rental business really in a position to be selective about their customers. If you ask me, John, who happens to be the manager, is on a power trip… I’m just glad he’s not the usher boy at the movies… You’re Canadian --- get to the back of the line!

And what makes this story even more tragic, is he ripped up my application with my address, credit card and driver’s license number still in tack, for anyone to rummage through the garbage and find my info. Thank God, I went through the garbage and shredded them myself.

Desperately seeking a new video rental company,
Nicole

No comments: