Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Most Important Thing in the World

Monday's Music Lyrics - Love's Divine by Seal
This week's music blog is inspired by recent discussions I've had with friends and my own belief of what is truly the most important thing in the world.

The beginning of "Love's Divine" reminds me of a time in my life, when a relationship I was in suddenly ended, with someone I cared deeply about.  My heart was broken and I was disinterested in ever knowing love. The experience left such a bad taste in my mouth, I looked at LOVE as a weapon of mass destruction. But, with enough time, comes clarity, gratitude and the realization of what love truly is. Love is... beautiful. And the truth of the matter is love is probably the most important thing anyone in this life needs and should pursue fervently.

I can tell you I have travelled all over the world, met royalties, political leaders, celebrities, incredible people, competed at the Olympic Games, and I've heard the Canadian anthem played in my honour as I've stood on top of the podium... but the truth is in the grand scheme of things, NONE OF THAT MATTERS. While I'm grateful for these experiences, it pales in comparison to the real treasure everybody is capable of having - LOVE.  The most important thing in this world is to give and receive LOVE. Everything else are the accessories to what life can offer. All the degrees in the world can't make up for the lack of LOVE.  To me this song epitomizes this realization and the importance of LOVE.

I believe this quote in the movie "Meet Joe Black" best defines love, as I see it:

"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived."

This week's lyrics is dedicated to the magnanimous gift of LOVE. I wish for you that 2011 enshrouds you with LOVE... And remember to never take that special someone for granted.  Let them know you appreciate them, often.  They are truly life's amazing gift!

LOVE'S DIVINE - by Seal




Then the rainstorm came, over me
And I felt my spirit break
I had lost all of my, belief you see
And realized my mistake
But time through a prayer, to me
And all around me became still

I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, love is what I need to help me know my name

Through the rainstorm came sanctuary
And I felt my spirit fly
I had found all of my reality
I realize what it takes

'Cause I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, love is what I need to help me know my name

Oh I, don't bend (don't bend), don't break (don't break)
Show me how to live and promise me you won't forsake
'Cause love can help me know my name

Well I try to say there's nothing wrong
But inside I felt me lying all along
But the message here was plain to see
Believe me

'Cause I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, love is what I need to help me know my name

Oh I, don't and(don't bend), don't break (don't break)
Show me how to live and promise me you won't forsake
'Cause love can help me know my name

Love can help me know my name.

4 comments:

Tyler Mosher said...

Great Blog about Love- So True.

May we all find it!

Nicole Wendy Forrester said...

Thanks Tyler! And I'm sure you of all people would know! :)

Ashley Brown said...

A very true and real thing has been revealed in this post.

Kam Log. said...

It's great that you are telling us about these things.
hot girls sex